How to Tell Short Stories When the Stakes are High – A Conversation
I love the world of Story.
No matter if it's developing stories, delivering stories or discussing stories, I am there!
I just had the opportunity to sit down with Park Howell who's life's work is focused on the business of story. We had a blast during his podcast and covered some serious ground.
Here are the headlines of our conversation from The Business of Story site:
As a business professional, you want your ideas to be heard. Rise above the noise as you communicate your message quickly and effectively when you apply the five primal elements of a story in shorter forms.
Short Form is a story condensed into a brief, compressed format that forces maximum efficiency. And when stakes are high, it’s crucial that you know how to say more with less. Use short-form storytelling to communicate only what is necessary and relevant in a fashion that enchants the crowd.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- The 5 crucial steps in the creation of any story
- How to master the art of owning any room with your anecdotes through story, structure, and staging
- How to get your audience on the edge of their seat by the use of your “snap”
- Why High-Stakes, Short-Form storytelling are driving business today
- Tips and tricks to get your brain thinking in story and the narrative cycle
- The history and evolution of TED Trends and TEDx presentation lengths